We are here for you. It's truly ok to be reaching out for help. Here on our team many of us have experienced and lived through what you may be struggling with right now. The only way we coped and made it through was by reaching out for help and support.
No matter who you are, no matter your age - whether you’re in your 20’s or 30’s or in your 80’s or 90’s…no matter what your walk in life – general worker; manager; academic; educator; health worker; business person; athlete or celebrity, retired etc – Your Life Counts is a safe place for you - we’re here to listen to you and to respond to you one on one as best we can.
You’re not alone. For all kinds of reasons many of us reach the point of feeling utterly worthless and despairing but suicide is not the answer. You may be thinking that your life has no value, no meaning, no purpose. Please let us reassure you from our own experience that nothing is ever so bad or so far gone that it can't be sorted out. There's always a way forward that ensures you stay alive and rediscover your joy, your value, your purpose, your whole meaning and understanding of life. We realize you may well not believe that things will ever get better right now.
We all have reasons to live and we will help you get back in touch with your reasons to live.
We believe in you and are here to help you through this difficult time. We know how it is, because we've been there too.
We encourage you to reach out to us via our Online Lifeline. Keep going and don’t give up. Tomorrow is a new day – help us and others to help you, one step at a time, one day at a time. Let’s get through to the new day together as you truly will not feel the way you do forever. Don’t let go of hope because hope will never let go of you. You can make it through this tough time.
We care about you and we believe in you. Don’t give up. We’re here for you.
Your friends at Your Life Counts
If you are in immediate danger of hurting yourself or anyone else please call your emergency services number (911 in North America) and don’t delay.
Here are some of the things you can do right now:
- Read this article with helpful tips on how to cope right now.
- Reach out to us via the YLC Online Lifeline
- Call a crisis line – here’s a directory
- Make a Promise To Live
- Visit our Knowledge Bank and find out more about particular problems we can all face in our day to day life.
- Read some personal stories to encourage you to keep going
- Share your story to encourage others to keep going
- Read our Newsblog for more life affirming news and views
- Consider ways of getting involved in our work to help others stay alive – many of us find that helping others, helps and encourages us as individuals
- Keep going and don't give up!